Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ATHEISTS WARN PROPOSED U.N. BAN ON DEFAMING RELIGION THREAT TO FREE SPEECH

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I haven't looked to see if this has already been posted - if so, my apologies:

ATHEISTS WARN PROPOSED U.N. BAN ON DEFAMING RELIGION THREAT TO FREE SPEECH, CHURCH-STATE SEPARATION

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,613 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Meh, I'm already an outlaw.  And this is just a resolution urging actual gummints to pass laws protecting superstitions.

I'll stop ridiculing religions when they pry my keyboard from my cold, dead hand.  It's too darn much fun to just quit!

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Yeah, I'm hoping this silly ban will actually encourage more ridicule of pie-in-the-sky BS - look what happened when the US banned alcohol!

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Yeah, I'm hoping this silly ban will actually encourage more ridicule of pie-in-the-sky BS - look what happened when the US banned alcohol!

Oh yeah!  That would be great.  I want to be the Al Capone of religious defamation.  I want to run bootleg copies of Richard Dawkins books in from Canada.  We could open speakeasies where you have to knock on the door and give the secret password to get in.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Yeah, and charge truly exhorbitant prices for the ceremonies! Then only the rich could afford religion, which would sorta defeat its purpose - as Napoleon said, religion is the only thing that keeps the poor from murdering the rich.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
I seem to remember hearing stories about a certain Jewish preacher who lived about 2,000 years ago, and who made a career out of defaming the mainstream religion of his time.  I don't know if that rings any bells. :roll:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,613 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Yeah, but we don't have money changers in the temples anymore, most TV Evangelists use TV programs to suck money out of their sheeples wallets.

And of course the dominant religions of the year 2007 would never support killing in the name of some Imaginary Bearded Sky Daddy, so I'm sure a pacifist like Jesus would find no cause for concern (he lied, unconvincingly).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users