Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Problem Sending Private Message Using Techhead Theme

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
The White Coyote discovered a problem with sending a PM while using the Techhead theme. If you begin by typing the name of a user in the To field, a perfectly sensible thing to do, you're likely to see some raw code suddenly appear instead of what you typed. There are several ways to get around this problem.

1) Click on the Find Members link next to the To field, then enter a portion of the user name
2) Begin typing with a quote sign (") and continue typing despite the code, ending with another quote, and then fixing the first character (yuch)
3) Switch to a different theme
4) If the person you want to send a PM to has previously sent one to you, use Reply instead of New Message

I'll keep an eye out on the SMF support forum for a fix for this problem.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
No problem sending PM but I am havng a problem changing my avatar. I tried putting a new version of my avatar in by uploading it.  It doesn't change but keeps the same one.  I tried loading from photobucket, but the new avatar came out huge although it was about 100x100.

I have changed it before so know it can work.  Any suggestions?
Thanks

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
I just tested this using three different images in two accounts (I keep a second account to see the system as users see it) and using  two different web browsers, Firefox and Apple Safari. It worked as expected each time.

It's possible that your web browser was caching the previous avatar and thus failing to display the new one. Please try again, and if you do not see your new avatar hold down the shift key on your keyboard while you reload the page, or press Control-R.

If you still have problems please tell me which theme you are using and I'll test again using that theme. I was testing just now using the Techhead theme.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Thanks. I cached in my old avatar and got the new one.  :snork_lach: 

I will probably just have to keep reminding everyone including myself that I don't know what I am doing.

But I sure have fun doing it. Posted Image

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
I wish there were 200 more users here that knews as little as you do
:smt026

Or 300 more.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
We'll get them Steve. Patience is a virtue. I knew a hooker [smilie=evil-sexor-lick.gif] named Patience once. I don't think virtue was one of her attributes though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users