Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Said the cops: "Oops! My bad!"

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Police gaffe makes Muslims pray in wrong direction

I wonder, if Muslims are on the exact opposite side of the globe from Mecca, in which direction would they face to pray?

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,617 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
I guess it would be a coin toss.

Imagine a poor Muslim at the North or South pole.  From the North Pole the only direction in which you can face is south, and vice versa for the South pole.  But which South or which North?  In such a desperate situation I think a Muslim might have to draw an image of Mohammed having sex with a pig in the snow, and then kneel towards it, possibly while eating a bacon double cheeseburger.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
What if we ever colonize other planets, lightyears away? I guess they'll just pray in the general direction of Earth, if they know where it is.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
I thought the compass point for Mecca was inborn in all Muslims.  I thought I saw that on Nature or something.

[David Attenborough voice]
As the mallard and the swallow instinctively return to the shores of their ancestors from time immemorial, so too does the Muslim answer the ancient call, returning year after year to the established nesting ground with nothing to guide him but the insatiable drive to pray five times daily.  In spite of drastic changes to its habitat, this proud creature continues to find its ancestral home each spring.
[/David Attenborough voice]

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,617 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

I thought the compass point for Mecca was inborn in all Muslims.  I thought I saw that on Nature or something.

That's right, I think they sense the Earth's magnetic field and use that as their guidance system.  So, if a Muslim were outside the Earth's magnetic field they would be so fuqqed!

And of course, since the magnetic poles are nowhere near the rotational poles, if they go to Antarctica or the Arctic circle they are really going to be confused.  I guess that is why you never hear about Muslims hijacking airplanes to attack Santa Claus (Jehovah Lite).

Imagine if there were a Muslim Astronaut, or a Muslim Cosmonaut as them gol darn Russkies calls em. S'pose they were on the ISS.  The poor thing would have to kneel on a motorized lazy susan and hook it in to the navigation system so that they would swivel while praying as the Space Station moves very rapidly over the Earth below. 

If you motorize a lazy susan, is it still lazy?  Maybe it would be an Electro Susan?

And what with the zero-G gravity up there in orbit, they'd need velcro pads on their knees and on the Electro Susan so that the gas they exhale while praying did not send them careening around inside the Space Station. You would not want praying Muslims bouncing around aimlessly inside a Space Station.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

If you motorize a lazy susan, is it still lazy?  Maybe it would be an Electro Susan?

Maybe a Dizzy Susan?

And what with the zero-G gravity up there in orbit, they'd need velcro pads on their knees and on the Electro Susan so that the gas they exhale while praying did not send them careening around inside the Space Station. You would not want praying Muslims bouncing around aimlessly inside a Space Station.

Ah, but just think, their prayer rug would become a flying carpet!  :smt037

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

[David Attenborough voice]
As the mallard and the swallow instinctively return to the shores of their ancestors from time immemorial, so too does the Muslim answer the ancient call, returning year after year to the established nesting ground with nothing to guide him but the insatiable drive to pray five times daily.  In spite of drastic changes to its habitat, this proud creature continues to find its ancestral home each spring.
[/David Attenborough voice]

Beautiful plumage!

Posted Image

.The Iraqi Blue prefers keepin' on it's back! Remarkable bird, id'nit, squire? Lovely plumage!
..Look, I took the liberty of examining that Iraqi when I got it home, and I discovered the only reason that it had been sitting on its perch in the first place was that it had been nailed there.
.Well, of course it was nailed there! If I hadn't nailed that Iraqi down, it would have nuzzled up to those bars, bent 'em apart with its beak, and VOOM!
.."VOOM"?!? Mate, this Iraqi wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts through it! 'E's bleedin' demised!
.No no! 'E's pining!
..He's not pinin'! He's passed on! This Iraqi is no more! He has ceased to be! He's expired and gone to meet Allah! He's a stiff! Bereft of life, he rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed him to the perch he'd be pushing up the daisies! He's kicked the bucket, run down the curtain and joined the choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-IRAQI!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users