Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I'm moving! :-)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts
When I was a little girl, I got a puppy (mutt) from the local pound.  I loved her to pieces and she was a sweet dog.  She lived to be 18 years old.  I think dogs from the shelter live longer than pure breeds.  Also, smaller dogs tend to live longer than large dogs, if that is a consideration.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Longevity in a pooch is directly proportional to size in most breeds, however the optimum size is considered between 12 and 25 pounds. Tiny dogs are often prone to health issues while big dogs hearts wear out quicker. I read that in a study somewhere but I can;t remember when or where. I think you are right about mutts living longer than purebreds too Storybook. The problem with mixed breeds is all puppies are cute but what will they grow up to be? My dog Luke was half Saint Bernard and half Timber Wolf. He was about as cute a puppy as I have ever seen but when he grew up . . I realized I should have just named him "Shityourpants" cause that's what most folks did when he approached. He was a big dumb puppy all his life though and wouldn't hurt a fly except if someone messed with my son. Then, all bets were off. Wolf hybrids are overly protective. His favorite chew toy was a horses head that use to lay around in our pasture. (Yes, it was real and I don't know where the dog found it.)

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts
[color=blue]I

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Yes! He is nuts! Wolves are very much like people should be. Monogamus, faithful, protective of the young and pack, loyal to a fault and very honest to the earth. Just like Coyotes! :snork_lach: :snork_lach:

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts

Just like Coyotes!

ALL awesome traits. :Wink: 

What was nuts about this man among wolves is that he left his family (wife and his kids) and chose to live alone with wolves.  Weird.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts

What was nuts about this man among wolves is that he left his family (wife and his kids) and chose to live alone with wolves.

Oh I dunno? You never met Godzilla (My ex) did you?  I think if given the choice between her and a pack of wolves . . ..  OOOOOOWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :snork_hams: :snork_hams: :snork_hams:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,620 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

Oh I dunno? You never met Godzilla (My ex) did you?  I think if given the choice between her and a pack of wolves . . .. OOOOOOWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :snork_hams: :snork_hams: :snork_hams:

Seems like one more thing that the warrior and the hippie have in common.  My ex could introduce two people to each other and then get them fighting within 5 minutes.  She seems to radiate a magical confrontation field.  I find that the 2500 miles between us these days does a lot for my sanity.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
[quote]Then on the other hand, have you ever been around someone that radiates joy?  Isn

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
So . . . . Getting back to the big move for Lacy, have you moved yet? What's the hold up? We have a pure black Pomeranian thats been hanging around our neighborhood yapping and raising hell the past few days. If you'd like I could capture it and put it in a 1 pound priority mailer and ship it off to you? I'll throw in a handful of slightly tainted dog food and a couple cups of water.

Pomeranians = Terrier chew toys

:smt106 :smt106 :smt106 :smt106

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,620 posts
I hear that tainted dog food is getting a lot easier to find.  I get mine at Wal*Mart because it is the official retail arm of the Chinese government.

Lacy

Lacy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationTexas
We are moving this Saturday after we sign the lease. I don't think I want the Pomeranian. I'd rather get a puppy. I have to wait a few months before I can get one because we have so many other things we have to pay for right now. I want to have all the money I need for the cost of the pup, the pet deposit, and first vet visit ready before I start looking for the right one.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
You are a wise woman. It's best to get settled in before introducing a new family member. We always use a playpen for the first few weeks for our pups. That way they can be with the family yet in a controlled and well papered area. Another consideration. Some dogs are difficult to potty train. Terriers for example. Another thing. Please, please, please, either spay or neuter your dog. There are so many unwanted dogs and even the best systems wll not insure your dog will not produce another batch of puppies. If you can't afford it, there are organizations that can help defray the cost. It is the most important thing you can do for your pet. :snork_hams:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Please listen to old what's his face Lacy. He had me spayed when I was just a puppy and I was mad for a couple of days, but now I am happy cuz big nasty dogs don't come around here looking for trouble and my sisters and I are all safe.
                                                                                      Belle

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

I hear that tainted dog food is getting a lot easier to find.  I get mine at Wal*Mart because it is the official retail arm of the Chinese government.

I hear you, comrade.  Hey...is that the good chairman's pic hanging behind those folks?

Posted Image  Posted Image

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,620 posts
Political power grows out of the barrel of a shopping cart, welcome to Wal*Mart.
-- Chairman Mao

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

The Ministry of Trade, Sweatshops and Prison Camps?

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,620 posts

The Ministry of Trade, Sweatshops and Prison Camps?

And don't forget all of those prisoners that "donate" their organs.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Posted Image

Here's the perfect dog Lacy a 282 pound Mastiff named Hercules! Isn't he sweet? He lives in England and is just slightly over the maximum 200 pound limit for British Mastiffs.

(Yes the photo is fake)

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
I want Hercules! Nobody would ever mess with me again. Hey, maybe I've found a use for all those genetics and biochemistry courses I had to take; I'll create an abomination of nature, get famous, go to prison for violating international law for genetic misconduct, write a memoir, make a fortune and get famous again, and retire comfortably at the age of 35 (well, give or take a few decades, depending on when I get out of prison.)

Wow. I think I just figured out my career plan. And those silly career counselors said it would be hard. Ha!

I'm taking orders for 300-pound horse-mastiff hybrids now. Better get yours in soon, or you'll be on a waiting list. Also, I need a few million bucks to underwrite the R&D phase. I can do PayPal, Visa, Discover, checks (made out to cash), and illicit deposits into a Swiss bank account. Oh, and you might go to jail for funding illegal genetics tampering, but that's just this little thing-

So, who's in? :Tounge:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Posted Image

Gee Forcey you got so excited I figured I'd better put a pic up of the real Hercules. He's a lot cuter, don't you think?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users