Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Snippets of Free Thought

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted Image

I thought I would start a daily snippets of free thought.  Of course you can find them yourself, ( I didn't have to look far) but I often find I will read things in small doses better than if it is thrown at me all at once.
I don't have too many bright ideas and got to have something to post.Posted Image So the info is copied from elsewhere.

John le Carre`
[b]

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,620 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
"A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."
--Albert Einstein

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
John Lennon was born October 9, 1940.

Who can forget his words:

You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us and the world will be as one

If you want to hear Imagine like you've never heard it before click HEREPosted Image

Posted Image

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,620 posts
I just love the dickens out of that song! John Lennon was one of the people that inspired me to commit a federal felony offense at the Selective Service System fresh meat induction center in Philadelphia on August 23rd, 1968 - in that I did willfully refuse induction into the US Army. I even sat down after committing my own personal felony crime and signed a full confession in which I offered to come back, as often as the US Government would like, to refuse induction again.

They wasted no time and arrested me exactly 2 years and 8 days later.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

I just love the dickens out of that song! John Lennon was one of the people that inspired me to commit a federal felony offense at the Selective Service System fresh meat induction center in Philadelphia on August 23rd, 1968 - in that I did willfully refuse induction into the US Army. I even sat down after committing my own personal felony crime and signed a full confession in which I offered to come back, as often as the US Government would like, to refuse induction again.

They wasted no time and arrested me exactly 2 years and 8 days later.

Which is usually about how long it takes to receive my Federal Tax Refund.  I guess Uncle Patriot Act does everything at top speed!

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
"To Bee, or not to Bee? Asked the man with the empty hive." :snork_lach: (it actually has no value and means nothing but I always thought it was funny!) :snork_hams:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
"So, so you think you can tell, heaven from hell, blue skies from pain?
Can you tell the green field, from a cold steel rail, a smile from a veil. Do you think you can tell?
So, do you think we can change, everybody that hates, before it's too late?"

Pink Floyd

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

"To Bee, or not to Bee? Asked the man with the empty hive." :snork_lach: (it actually has no value and means nothing but I always thought it was funny!) :snork_hams:

Why do I have the feeling this thread is getting hijacked.  :snork_lach:

Feel free to think any free thought you want...and post it too.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,620 posts
I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.
-- Richard Dawkins (attributed: source unknown)

Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence.
-- Richard Dawkins (attributed: source unknown)

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
"So if I decide to waiver my
chance to be one of the hive
Will I choose water over wine
and hold my own and drive?
It's driven me before
And it seems to be the way
that everyone else gets around
But lately I'm beginning to find that
When I drive myself my light is found."

Incubus - Drive

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Hijack a thread? ME? You must have me confused with someone who knows something. Maybe FlatEarth? :snork_lach:

"Feces occurs" The Pc version. :snork_tanz:

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
I don't really have an inspiring free thought snippet for today.  I was reading about Sam Harris author of Letter to a Christian Nation and The End of Faith.  I have read neither but just the words "the end of faith...the end of faith...the end of faith" were enough for me. So I said them out loud a couple of times. It sounded like a little cheer.

Posted ImagePosted Image

The end of faith
Rah rah rah
The end of faith
Sis boom bah

Say it loud
Say it proud
Do we need it
Nah Nah Nah

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Hijack a thread? ME? You must have me confused with someone who knows something. Maybe FlatEarth? :snork_lach:

"Feces occurs" The Pc version. :snork_tanz:

Hey... Im no thread hijacker. 

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
But do you know something? :snork_lach: :snork_lach: :snork_lach: :snork_lach: :snork_lach:

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
OK! No hijackers here. Posted Image

But all highjinxers are Posted Image

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
I wonder how much trouble you would get in on a plane if you jumped up and shouted "HIJINX!" :snork_aber:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,620 posts
"He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice."
Albert Einstein

"Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!"
Albert Einstein

"How I wish that somewhere there existed an island for those who are wise and of goodwill! In such a place even I would be an ardent patriot."
Albert Einstein

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

"How I wish that somewhere there existed an island for those who are wise and of goodwill! In such a place even I would be an ardent patriot."
Albert Einstein

Ain't No God is my little island to come to.  I can't claim to be wise but I am full of goodwill and will
try to be an ardent patriot patron.

I wonder how much trouble you would get in on a plane if you jumped up and shouted "HIJINX!" :snork_aber:

Posted Image

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
I read that on this date in 1609 in London:

the publication of the first recorded secular (non-religious) song 'Three Blind Mice'.

Then I read that Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld were the 3 blind mice...MICE HERE

I always thought they were the Hey Diddle Diddlers... :snork_blin:

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Today I was sitting at my computer minding my own business and doing a bunch of free thinking when the doorbell rang. We live off the beaten track and rarely get calls so I peeped through the peep hole carefully.  Saw 2 old ladies standing there. They didn't appear to be any of my friends. Then I knew exactly who they were.  My husband was out in back mowing or else he would have shooed them off in a second. And usually I just don't open the door or say I am not interested.  But today I was interested.  I don't get many chances to confront anybody. So I opened the door and let them say their little piece.  Now I can't pretend that I made an A+ performance.  It was probably more like a C-.  But I did perform and felt proud of myself.  Now I think they were used to hearing from Christians who didn't agree with them, but I don't think they were expecting an atheist.  I was polite...I am a lady.  And I thought of so many good things to say once they went away.  Of course they will be back in a couple of months...no doubt with a different strategy.

So I come to this forum and others not to be convinced, but to get some free thoughts and ideas so that in the rare instances when I am confronted I am not stumbling around but have a good answer plus some good questions.

I have never been to a religious forum.  Haven't ever looked for one.  But I am wondering if that might not be a good idea.  I would never ever join but guess I am just curious.  Anybody know a good one to lurk in?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users