Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Snippets of Free Thought

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
I have some tried and true methods for gently persuading religious types to seek lost souls elsewhere. As for Religious forums? Stay with your own kind here. We don't want them here so it is only right that we recipro . . reciper . . .recipra . . .  Do the same. Besides they would ban you so fast! :snork_lach:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

I have never been to a religious forum.  Haven't ever looked for one.  But I am wondering if that might not be a good idea.  I would never ever join but guess I am just curious.  Anybody know a good one to lurk in?

I don't know of any, and I hope to keep it that way.  I have no tolerance for door to door religious solictors. We have a little logo on our front door, a cross inside a red circle with the cannonical NO slash through it. If any Mor(m)ons rings our doorbell I point to the sign, ask if they noticed it, and tell them it means that this household is overtly hostile to Christianty. Then I ask them to leave my property.

Now our friend The White Coyote has been known to greet Jebustarians in a completely different manner.

Last week the doorbell rang and there were two well dressed adult men there. I thought to myself "Here we go again". But as it turns out they were from an organization for the deaf, and they were going door to door trying to make contact with any isolated deaf folks they might find. These guys were nice people trying to do good deeds so I was very friendly with them. Actually they had really good karma.  

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Thanks ungodly and white coyote for your advice.  I certainly would never go into any religious forum etc. If you only knew how long it took me to join this one.  I looked at several other atheist forums but all were so large and some rather mean like.  Then I stumbled onto this one and since there weren't very many members (sorry  :snork_lach: :snork_lach:) I thought I would try it.

About the door knockers.  I always just ignored them.  But you see I need some experience of "outing".  I need to speak up and let it be known.  I need to be able to verbalize what I am thinking.  I have let so many opportunities pass by.  So it isn't that I care so much about tit for tatting with them, I just need to start somewhere.  So I did a little practicing on these two.  And when my husband came around to the front I said..gotta go.  :snork_wink:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
I have found that sneaking around the side of the house and spraying them with a garden hose is the most effective way to rid ones porch of bothersome insects, bees, hornets, christians, mormons, Jehovahs witnesesesess etc. Another method is to shake up a bottle of beer and douse them with that. That ususally gets a good laugh, not from them but I find it funny as hell! :snork_lach: :snork_lach: :snork_lach: :snork_lach: :snork_lach:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Outing? You mean like coming out of the closet? As in "I am an Atheist" How about a Tee Shirt that says; "RELIGION IS HORSESHIT!" That's a nice subtle way.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
Hey, TWC... your Jehovah's are not as nice as mine.  You don't get handwritten letters from your "neighbors" concerned with your spiritual well being.  Thinking of those nice folks concern for me still makes me a bit misty, you know.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

I have found that sneaking around the side of the house and spraying them with a garden hose is the most effective way to rid ones porch of bothersome insects, bees, hornets, christians, mormons, Jehovahs witnesesesess etc. Another method is to shake up a bottle of beer and douse them with that. That ususally gets a good laugh, not from them but I find it funny as hell! :snork_lach: :snork_lach: :snork_lach: :snork_lach: :snork_lach:

You all make me really laugh. Posted Image Maybe I can give you some laughs.  I love to sing and play the uke. Posted Image I found some words to some familiar hymns and am making some little pages to go with them.  I can't remember where I found the words but they were written by somebody called Dorothy B. Thompson.  I hope I crucify the tunes.  Here's the first one and maybe the last.  :snork_lach:

JESUS HATES ME

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Yeah I read your hand written notes and couldn't digest for about an hour. :snork_burn: That's what happens when you are polite and cordial to these people. They just get weirder. I got a new deterent though and I can hardly wait to try it out. I bought a 12 inch air horn at a garage sale. It's awesome. My plan is to leave them hanging at the door like I always do, sneek up behind them and hit them simultaneously with the garden hose and air horn! I only wish I could figure out a way to videotape it all as it happens! God it will be a masterpiece!! :snork_lach: :snork_lach:

(The White Coyote bows to the audience; "I would like to thank the academy for this award . . .)

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
Oh yeah, by the way.... the new Kingdom Hall is up.  It's still just a shell, but Heyzeu Maria!  I gotta take a picture of this place and scan it in here.  Boy, for a simple place dedicated to a man of poverty, let me tell you.  Kind of reminds me of some dialogue from Cannonball Run...

Victor, those guys are not real priests.
They're not?
Why would priests need to drive a Ferrari to spread the word of God?
Well, I guess in a Ferrari they could spread it a lot faster!

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

You all make me really laugh. Posted Image Maybe I can give you some laughs.  I love to sing and play the uke. Posted Image I found some words to some familiar hymns and am making some little pages to go with them.  I can't remember where I found the words but they were written by somebody called Dorothy B. Thompson.  I hope I crucify the tunes.  Here's the first one and maybe the last.  :snork_lach:

JESUS HATES ME

Here is another one of my favorite hymns.  :snork_lach: CROCK of AGES

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Everybody really is a free thinker.  We can think anything we want. But how many really express aloud what they think?
To me George Carlin is the King of Free Thought. He says exactly what he thinks (and what I am a thinking too)

I know everybody has already heard him hundreds of times, but I keep him close at hand.  I must be on my 500th time.
LISTEN HERE

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

October 19, 1928

Alton Lemon was born. He would win a major state/church victory before US Supreme Court.

1. The government's action must have a legitimate secular purpose;
  2. The government's action must not have the primary effect of either advancing or inhibiting religion; and
  3. The government's action must not result in an "excessive entanglement" with Religion.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Woke up singing another one of my favorite hymns this morning.  :snork_lach:

AMAZING FAITH

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
I would like to nominate "Lady" as the official "Aint-No-God" Choir Director. Can I hear an AMEN!

[smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif]
[smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif]
[smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=laff.gif]

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

I would like to nominate "Lady" as the official "Aint-No-God" Choir Director. Can I hear an AMEN!

[smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif]
[smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif]
[smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=laff.gif]

Amen Brother!

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

100th Salami

Posted Image

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Okay Lady! Now your just showing off! [smilie=nod.gif] [smilie=nope.gif] [smilie=nod.gif] [smilie=nope.gif] [smilie=nod.gif] [smilie=nope.gif]

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
White Coyote, should you ever, er, bestow a garden hose/airhorn baptism on your JW buddies, you will be sure to give us all the juicy details, right? I laughed for 10 minutes after reading about your Saint Corona escapades a while back. Besides, you'll be helping them out with the whole martyr thing; they get "persecuted" by a crazy dude, and you get life satisfaction. Everyone wins! :smt077

Holy Jeebus onna stick, I am so jacked up on caffeine right now... [smilie=shake.gif]

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Oh! I have a new plan! I am working on a permanent sprinkler for the front porch that I can operate by remote. It's going to spray straight up from the cracks in the deck! That way I'll be able to videotape the whole episode! It will be glorious! That is if they ever come back. :snork_lach:

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Okay Lady! Now your just showing off! [smilie=nod.gif] [smilie=nope.gif] [smilie=nod.gif] [smilie=nope.gif] [smilie=nod.gif] [smilie=nope.gif]

Your're damn right!  Posted Image I have had this stuff  in me for so long with no place to unload it. Really constipated. Finally found a place to barf it all up. Posted Image

Now you all may get a little nauseated with the foolishness, but it feels so good to heave it up and out.Posted Image

You have probably noticed I don't post in any of the hi brow sections of the Forum. I can't argue for or against anything.  I just stay down here in the gutter.  I will probably be cleansed after a few more "show offs" and then just settle in and be a dreary, dry, dull, monotonous, stuffy, wearisome lovable lady. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users