Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Indian Priests Administer Polio Drops as Blessings

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
http://www.reuters.c...L27248820070418

It's about time religionists started doing what's right, instead of what's expedient for their religion.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
Damn...that idea is so simple that it is absolutely brilliant! 

It is truly tragic that for the most part, religion is not on board with science and medicine.  Imagine a catholic priest giving a dose of some important medication to children on Sunday during the whole blood of some guy routine.  Or if the wafer contained 50 ml of some other essentially vaccine or anti-body.

Don't get me wrong.  The LAST person I want dispensing medical treatment is a man of Gawd, but in concert with medical personal during times of epidemic or to wipe out some horrible illness, it would be a tremendous gesture to humanity for some of these religious outfits to get with the program.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Now it would be a big step forward if Catholic priests started handing out condoms to poor people.  Or even just using them themselves when they are raping children.

You say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
I think all people who believe in sky daddys but still take medicines, go to dentists and doctors, admit themselves to hospitals and receive surgery are all hypocritical bastards who shouldn't be allowed those unnecessary treatments. Why not show your faith in your sky chief and pray that broken leg away. Surely the creator of all things, time and space can heal a case of measles without even a magic wand.

I saw an interview once on TV of some big wig in the Christian Science cult and in one scene he laughed and the bastard must have had 10 fillings and a couple of gold teeth. I guess their little "healings" don't cut it in the dental world.

This, bullshit, about healing is my biggest pet peave about religion. Nobody has ever been "healed"  People may and have healed but no one and nothing can cause a healing to occur. I watched as my family died in front of my eyes and I prayed until my eyes bled and my tongue swelled. Nothing. To me it is the single most powerful evidence that God is dead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users